REACTION TO FIRE TESTS FOR BUILDING PRODUCTS, EXCLUDING FLOORINGS, EXPOSED TO THE THERMAL ATTACK BY A SINGLE BURNING ITEM WITH A METHOD ACCORDING TO PN-EN 13823
Principle of the method.
A test specimen, consisting of two vertical wings forming a right-angled corner, is exposed to the flames from a burner with a heat release rate 30,7kW ± 2,0kW placed at the bottom of the corner.
Stand for testing reaction to fire of building materials with a method according to PN-EN 13823
The performance of the test specimen is evaluated over a period of 20 min. The performance parameters are: heat production, smoke production, lateral (horizontal) flame spread and falling flaming droplets and particles. The heat release is measured using the data on measured oxygen concentration in the products of decomposition and combustion of materials.
Based on the value of registered data values of classification parameters are appointed:
- head release rate of specimen,
- total head release rate of specimen,
- total heat release from the specimen in the first 600 s of exposure to the main burner flames THR600s,
- fire growth rate indices - FIGRA,
- total smoke production from the specimen,
- total smoke production from the specimen in the first 600 s of exposure to the main burner flames – TSP600s
- smoke growth rate index – SMOGRA,
- lateral flame spread on the long specimen wing – LFS
Measured parameters are a base to quantitative determining class of reaction to fire: A2, B, C or D based on requirements of the norm PN-EN 13501-1.
The corner specimen consists of two wings, designated the short and long wings. The maximum thickness of a specimen is 200mm.
Sheet products shall have the following dimensions:
- short wing: (495 ± 5) mm (1 500 ± 5) mm;
- long wing: (1 000 ± 5) mm (1 500 ± 5) mm.
Applying research methods - civil engineering (requirements according to PN-EN 13501 for European Classification System: A2, A2L,B, BL, C, CL, D i DL).